The most important advice to me was to liaise with the telecommunications department of the Trust for publicity. Sending out constant reminders about when the pop-up library will be available and putting up posters.
- Choose prime spots for visibility - there was a recurring theme of receptions and canteens.
- Put up a banner so that people know immediately who you are and what is going on as they go past. We already have our banner sorted.
- Send out email alerts on the day to drum up business.
- Bring as much of the service with you as possible -Library management system, registrations forms, guides, leaflets etc.
- Supply promotional items if available e.g. pens.
- Be prepared to give quick training sessions on the spot.
- Don't be discouraged if it takes a while to take off.
(c) Image Creative Commons - Aaron Landry